In our last grammar class we learned about the Subjunctive Tense in English.
(See the last post “The subjunctive tense in English” if you haven’t seen it yet!)
For homework we had to complete some exercises using this tense.
Here are the exercises, and you will find the answers below so you can check your work:
Change the verbs in parentheses into the subjunctive form when necessary.
1. My sister is requesting that I ______________________ her clothes anymore. (borrow, not)
2. Mr. Jacobs plans to ask that she _____________________ late tonight. (work)
3. Our teacher advises _____________________ extra homework. (do)
4. Drinking and Driving is something that is _______________________. (recommend, not)
5. The president proposed that American citizens ____________________ a tax break next year. (get)
6. Does your mother recommend ____________________ in the morning or after dinner? (study)
7. The substitute teacher said that the students ____________________ their projects. (finish)
8. The father advised that his children ___________________ their snacks quickly. (eat)
9. The girl’s parents urged her _________________ friends as quickly as possible. (make)
10. The CEO recommended the employees ___________________ the proposal right away. (write)
1. My sister is requesting that I not borrow her clothes anymore.
2. Mr. Jacobs plans to ask that she work late tonight.
3. Our teacher advises doing extra homework.
4. Drinking and Driving is something that is not recommended.
5. The president proposed that American citizens get a tax break next year.
6. Does your mother recommend studying in the morning or after dinner?
7. The substitute teacher said that the students didn’t finish their projects.
8. The father advised that his children eat their snacks quickly.
9. The girl’s parents urged her to make friends as quickly as possible.
10. The CEO recommended the employees write the proposal right away.